Saturday, August 11, 2012

Davido in scandal

Femi Ajibola A taxi driver, has reported fast rising pop singer, Davido to the Police for allegedly assaulting him and seizing his car. According to his report as contained in the Crime Digest column of PUNCH newspaper, the incident occurred on Sunday July 1, 2012 at about 5:30pm after he had received a phone call from Susie, one of his customers to come convey her and her friends to Beni Apartments, V.I.

‘The lady introduced her as Susie. She called me to come and pick her and her friend. They told me to come pick them up at Mobolaji Estate near Lekki Second Roundabout. Later, I took them to a hotel at Lekki Phase I to meet one of their friends. From there we left for Beni Apartment in Victoria Island’.

He continued his story adding that while waiting for the ladies at the gate of the hotel, he saw his clients running towards his car, being chased by Davido and four of his bouncers an in a bid to save the girls, he opened the door for them and turned on the car’s engine only to be stopped by Davido who hit his face and accused him of being the boyfriend to the girl.

“The girl was running towards me. I think the men had assaulted her. She said I should open the door for her so that she would enter. I opened the door for her; as she was about to enter the car, Davido caught up with her and slapped her face… He left the girl and faced me. He said I was the one that brought the girls, that I am their boyfriend. He knocked my face against the steering wheel of the cab. This made blood begin to come out from my ear drums. He seized my car keys and in the process, injured me...Before I knew what was going on, his four bouncers began to beat me up. They beat me severely and took my car keys from me and chased me away. This happened around 11 pm. I went to report the matter at the Bar Beach Police Station, which was the nearest one. I was asked to come back the next morning to report the case.’

He further alleged that he realised that his N100, 000, a sum he was meant to deliver to his dealer, was stolen from the car after it was returned to him. According to him, he was not allowed to wind up his windows or take anything from the car before he was ordered by the bouncers to leave the car.